This is a weekly adult Bible study, and for the coming few weeks we are looking at the book of Colossians.C
- What tips can we share to help us all be “steadfast in prayer”?
- What is “the mystery of Christ” (verse 3)? When we tell other people about it, why might it remain a mystery?
- What examples from the life of Christ can we use to illustrate how we too should apply verses 5 and 6?
- Why was the service of Tychicus and Onesimus so important? What effect would failure on their part have had on Paul and on the church in Colossae?
- What do we know about Mark (verse 10)? See Acts 4:36; 12:12,25; 13:13; 15:37-39, Philemon 1:24, 2 Tim.4:11 and perhaps 1 Pet.5:13.
- How can we be “fellow workers for the kingdom”? (verse 11)
- Seems like Epaphras would relate well to our needs in those we pray for (verse 12)! What kinds of things would show such prayers have been answered, and why would they not happen?
- What do Paul’s references linking Laodicea, Hierapolis and Colossae indicate should also be true today about churches of God?
- Nympha comes in for honourable mention (verse 15); what was involved in her service for the Lord Jesus Christ?
- How might we apply Paul’s message regarding Archippus (verse 17) to our own service?